Special Board Meeting
NOTICE OF TELECONFERENCE MEETING
ONE OR MORE MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF RETIREMENT FOR THE CONTRA COSTA COUNTY EMPLOYEES’ RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE BOARD MEETING, SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 4, 2015, VIA TELECONFERENCE AT THE LOCATION LISTED BELOW, WHICH IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
THE LODGE AT TORREY PINES
11480 N. TORREY PINES ROAD
LA JOLLA, CA 92037
THE LOCATION LISTED ABOVE IS ACCESSIBLE TO THE PUBLIC, INCLUDING THOSE WITH DISABILITIES.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the September 23, 29 and 30, 2015 Board meetings.
- Routine items for November 4, 2015.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept Asset Allocation Report
- The Board will go into closed session under Gov. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the Medical Advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Kristine Bouchard Non-Service Connected Non-Service Connected Arturo Cruz Non-Service Connected Non-Service Connected Matthew Parkinen Service Connected Service Connected Peter Wells Service Connected Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session to consider the Hearing Officer’s recommendation regarding the disability application for James Lee.
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) to confer with legal counsel regarding anticipated litigation (two cases).
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
Montgomery v. Montgomery, Solano County Superior Court, Case No. FFL 128451
- Consider and take possible action regarding the collection of pension overpayments from Contra Costa County due to its erroneous reporting of panel management pay as pensionable compensation.
- Educational Presentation on Brown Act Fundamentals
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments