Regular Board Meeting
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the November 6 and November 20, 2019 meetings.
- Routine items for December 11, 2019.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept asset allocation report.
- Accept liquidity report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the medical advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Margaret Freudenthal Service Connected Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to evaluate the performance of the following public employee:
Title: Chief Executive Officer
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Nowicki v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. C17-01266
- Educational presentation on fiduciary duties presented by fiduciary counsel.
- Educational presentation on Ralph M. Brown Act open meetings laws.
- Legislative update.
- Consider and take possible action to add CCCERA staffing:
- Add one Retirement Services Supervisor, one Retirement Services Technician, and establish an Internal Auditor classification;
- Amend Attachment A of Resolution 2019-2 providing salary and benefits for unrepresented employees of CCCERA effective January 1, 2020; and
- Adopt the CCCERA Position Pay Schedules effective January 1, 2020.
- Consider and take possible action to adopt the 2020 CCCERA budget.
- Presentation of 2020 Compliance Activity Plan.
- Presentation of the Contra Costa County Department of Agriculture employer audit report.
- Presentation of the Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff employer audit report.
- Presentation of the Contra Costa County Probation Department employer audit report.
- Report from Audit Committee Chair on November 20, 2019 Audit Committee meeting.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- 38th Annual Client Workshop, Sit Investment Associates, Inc., February 13-16, 2020, Carlsbad, CA.
- The Pension Bridge Annual 2020, April 14-15, 2020, San Francisco, CA.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520