Regular Board Meeting
Due to the Contra Costa County and State of California Coronavirus (COVID-19) health orders, and as permitted by Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020, the Board of Retirement shall hold its meeting via teleconferencing. The meeting is accessible telephonically at 669-900-6833, Webinar ID: 941 7279 7036, Passcode: 633712, or via the web at: https://zoom.us/j/94172797036?pwd=ZkN4eklCY2FsZHRMUUIvSWowekxOUT09 Passcode: 633712
Persons who wish to make public comment may submit their comment to: email@example.com on the day of the meeting, either before or during the meeting. Public comments are limited to any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Retirement. (Gov’t Code Section 54954.3(a).) All comments submitted will be included in the record of the meeting. The comments will be read into the record at the meeting, subject to a three-minute time limit per comment.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the April 14, 2021 meeting.
- Routine items for May 5, 2021.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept travel report.
- Accept asset allocation report.
- Accept liquidity report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the medical advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Christopher Williams Service Connected Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider the Hearing Officer’s recommendation regarding the disability application for Shahla Rezwani.
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. MSN12-1870
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. C15-00598
- Public Employees Union Local No. 1, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. N14-2021
- Consider and take possible action to amend the Policy on Determining “Compensation Earnable” Under Assembly Bill 197 For Purposes of Calculating Retirement Benefits For “Legacy” (Pre-PEPRA) Members.
- Consider and take possible action concerning the SACRS legislative proposal to be voted on at the May 2021 SACRS Conference.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520