Regular Board Meeting
The Board of Retirement will hold its meeting via teleconferencing as permitted by Government Code Section 54953(e). The meeting is accessible telephonically at 669-900-6833, Webinar ID: 879 7523 7719, Passcode: 428077, or via the web at:
Persons who wish to address the Board of Retirement during public comment may call in during the meeting by dialing the phone number and passcode above. Access via Zoom is also available at the weblink above. To indicate you wish to speak during public comment, please select *9 on your phone or “raise your hand” in the Zoom app.
Public comments are limited to any item that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Retirement. Comments will be received in real time via telephone or Zoom, subject to a three-minute time limit per speaker.
THE RETIREMENT BOARD MAY DISCUSS AND TAKE ACTION ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Board Reorganization:
- Election of Chair (Gordon, incumbent).
- Election of Vice-Chair (MacDonald, incumbent).
- Election of Secretary (Holcombe, incumbent).
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the June 8, 2022 meeting.
- Approve the following routine items:
- Certifications of membership.
- Service and disability allowances.
- Death benefits.
- Investment liquidity report.
- Accept the following routine items:
- Disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Investment asset allocation report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the medical advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
|a. Herman Barnes||Service Connected||Service Connected|
|b. Isaac Cortes||Service Connected||Service Connected|
|c. William Fiore||Service Connected||Service Connected|
|d. Leah Marchese||Service Connected||Service Connected|
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Nowicki v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. C17-01266
- Wilmot v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. N22-0302
- CCCERA, et al. v. Valeant Pharms. Int’l, Inc., et al., United States District Court, New Jersey (3:17-cv-12088)
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) to confer with legal counsel regarding potential litigation (one case).
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representative:
Joe Wiley, CCCERA’s Chief Negotiator
Unrepresented Employee: Chief Executive Officer
- Consider and take possible action to adopt the contribution rates for the period July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023 for the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District.
- Consider and take possible action to add CCCERA staffing:
- Cancel the Administrative/Human Resources Manager classification (currently vacant), establish classifications for Human Resources Manager and Administrative Services Manager; change the Administrative/Human Resources Supervisor classification to Human Resources Coordinator; and
- Amend Attachment A of Resolution 2022-1 with the updated position information.
- Consider and take possible action to authorize the Board to conduct teleconference meetings under Government Code section 54953 (e) and to make related findings.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- IFEBP Trustees Masters Program, October 22-23, 2022, Las Vegas, NV.
- IFEBP 68th Annual Employee Benefits Conference, October 23-26, Las Vegas, NV. (Note: Conflict with meeting)
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520