Regular Board Meeting
The Board of Retirement will hold its meeting via teleconferencing as permitted by Government Code Section 54953(e). The meeting is accessible telephonically at 669-900-6833, Webinar ID: 892 5770 2939, Passcode: 479108, or via the web at:
Persons who wish to address the Board of Retirement during public comment may call in during the meeting by dialing the phone number and passcode above. Access via Zoom is also available at the weblink above. To indicate you wish to speak during public comment, please select *9 on your phone or “raise your hand” in the Zoom app.
Public comments are limited to any item that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Retirement. Comments will be received in real time via telephone or Zoom, subject to a three-minute time limit per speaker.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Public Comment (3 minutes/speaker).
- Approve minutes from the November 30, 2022 and December 14, 2022 meetings.
- Approve the following routine items:
- Certifications of membership.
- Service and disability allowances.
- Death benefits.
- Investment liquidity report.
- Accept the following routine items:
- Disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Investment asset allocation report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the medical advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Jeffrey Hagstrom Service Connected Service Connected Michael Sciortino Service Connected Service Connected James Earl Johnson Non-Service Connected Non-Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider the Hearing Officer’s recommendation regarding the disability application for Jamie Bailey.
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representatives:
Gail Strohl, Chief Executive Officer
Erica Grant, Human Resources Manager
Joe Wiley, CCCERA’s Chief Negotiator
Employee Organization: AFSCME Local 2700
Unrepresented Employees: All CCCERA unrepresented positions
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Nowicki v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. C17-01266
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) to confer with legal counsel regarding potential litigation (two cases).
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(4) to confer with legal counsel regarding potential litigation (three cases).
- Consider and take possible action to revise the Interest Crediting and Excess Earnings Policy.
- Pension administration system project update:
- Update from staff
- Presentation from Segal
- Presentation from Icon
- Presentation from Sagitec
- Educational presentation on fiduciary duties presented by fiduciary counsel.
- Consider and take possible action to authorize the Board to conduct teleconference meetings under Government Code section 54953 (e) and to make related findings.
- Presentation of the final 2023 CCCERA budget. Informational only.
- Review of the Procurement of Products and Services policy.
- Presentation of 2023 Compliance Activity Plan.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- 2022 Annual Limited Partners Meeting, DLJ Real Estate Capital Partners, January 25-26, 2023, New York, NY. (Note: Conflict with Board Meeting)
- Pension Bridge ESG 2023, February 28-March 1, 2023, Los Angeles, CA.
- CALAPRS General Assembly, March 4-7, 2023, Monterey, CA.
- Day of Education in Private Equity, NASP, March 23, 2023, Los Angeles, CA.
- CALAPRS Advanced Principles of Pension Governance for Trustees, March 29-31, 2023, Los Angeles, CA.
- Public Funds Roundtable, Institutional Investor, April 24-26, 2023, Los Angeles, CA. (Note: Conflict with Board Meeting)
- 2023 Annual Institutional Symposium, Dimensional Fund Advisors, May 2-4, 2023, Austin, TX. (Note: Conflict with Board Meeting)
- Artisan Partners Investment Forum, May 10-11, 2023, New York, NY.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520