Regular Board Meeting
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the February 27 and March 14, 2013 meetings.
- Routine items for April 10, 2013.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept Asset Allocation Report
- Discussion of whether pay items beyond base pay are “Pensionable Compensation” under PEPRA G.C. Sec. 7522.34.
- Consider and take possible action to direct staff on pay items beyond base pay for PEPRA tiers.
- Discussion of whether standby, on-call and call back pay are “Compensation Earnable” for “classic” (pre-PEPRA) employees under G.C. Sec. 31641 as amended by AB 197.
- Consider and take possible action to direct staff on standby, on-call and call back pay for “classic” employees.
- Update from staff on Assessment and Determination of Compensation Enhancements.
- Educational Session on the Disability process for CCCERA.
- Consider and take possible action on SACRS Board of Directors Elections.
- Consider and take possible action on SACRS Voting Proxy Form.
- **The Board will go into closed session under Gov. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the Medical Advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Trina Stewart Service Connected Service Connected Orlando Conit Service Connected Service Connected Timothy Diaz Service Connected Service Connected Andrea Bancroft Service Connected Service Connected Irene Paynter Non-Service Connected Non-Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(a) to confer with legal counsel regarding existing litigation (two cases):
- Board of Retirement v. County of Contra Costa, et al., Alameda County Superior Court, Case No. RG11608520.
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. N12-1870.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board and/or staff:
- Annual Meeting, Bay Area Equity Fund, June 12, 2013, San Francisco, CA.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1355 Willow Way, Suite 221
Concord, California 94520