Regular Board Meeting
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Board Reorganization:
- Election of Chair.
- Election of Vice-Chair (Hast, incumbent).
- Election of Secretary (Phillips, incumbent).
- Consider and take possible action to appoint a new Alternate Retiree Board Member.
Break – 10 minutes
- Recognition of Jessica Huffman for 10 years of service.
- Approve minutes from the May 22, 2013 meeting.
- Routine items for July 10, 2013.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept Asset Allocation Report.
- **The Board will go into closed session under Gov. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the Medical Advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Leslie Clark Non-service connected Non-service connected Art Jacobsen Service connected Service connected Ofelia Ontiveros Non-service connected Non-service connected
- The Board will continue in closed session under Gov. Code Section 54957 to consider the recommendation from the Medical Advisor and/or staff regarding the disability retirement application of Anthony Garcia.
- The Board will continue in closed session under Gov. Code Section 54957 to consider the recommendation from the Hearing Officer regarding the disability application of Lana Blanchette.
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(a) to confer with legal counsel regarding existing litigation:
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. N12-1870.
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(b)
- Presentation and update from PIMCO Stocks Plus, PIMCO Core Plus Fixed Income and PIMCO All Asset Funds.
- Consider appointment of an ad hoc committee for total compensation review.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board and/or staff:
- Investment Education Conference, Milliman, September 25-27, 2013, Del Mar, CA.
- 23rd Annual Northern California Public Retirement Seminar, The Public Retirement Journal, September 26, 2013, Sacramento, CA.
- Roundtable for Consultants and Institutional Investors, Institutional Investor, October 9 – 11, 2013, Chicago, IL (note conflict with Board meeting).
- 59th Annual Employee Benefits Conference, IFEBP, October 20-23, 2013, Las Vegas, NV (note conflict with Board meeting).
- Administrators’ Institute, CALAPRS, September 25 – 27, 2013, Carmel, CA.
- Fall Conference, Council of Institutional Investors, September 25 – 27, 2013, Chicago, IL.
- US Client Conference, Invesco, November 5 -7, 2013, La Jolla, CA.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1355 Willow Way, Suite 221
Concord, California 94520