Regular Board Meeting
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Recognition of Karen Levy for 10 years of service.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the July 11, 2018 meeting.
- Routine items for August 8, 2018:
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept travel report.
- Accept Asset Allocation Report.
- Accept Liquidity Report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the Medical Advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Donald Bianucci Non-Service Connected Non-Service Connected Charles McPherson Non-Service Connected Non-Service Connected David Atkin Service Connected Service Connected Leslie Grundler Service Connected Service Connected Natalie Probert-Kurtz Service Connected Service Connected
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representative:
Gail Strohl, Chief Executive Officer
Unrepresented Employees: All CCCERA unrepresented positions
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Debra Fernandez v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. CIVMSN17-036
- Nidia Santos v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. CIVMSN16-2334
- Presentation of year to date 2018 CCCERA budget vs. actual expenses report.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- CRCEA 2018 Fall Conference, October 15-17, 2018, San Rafael, CA.
- Connectivity 2018, William Blair, October 17-18, 2018, Chicago, IL.
- CII 2018 Fall Conference, The Council of Institutional Investors, October 24-26, 2018, Boston, MA. (Note: Conflict with Meeting)
- Trustees’ Round Table, California Association of Public Retirement Systems, October 26, 2018, Glendale, CA.
- 2018 Public Safety Conference, National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems, October 28-31, 2018, Las Vegas, NV.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1355 Willow Way, Suite 221
Concord, California 94520