Regular Board Meeting – AMENDED
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Recognition of Luz Casas for 20 years of service.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the December 14, 2016 meeting.
- Routine items for January 11, 2017.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept Asset Allocation Report
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representatives:
Gail Strohl, Chief Executive Officer
Christina Dunn, Admin/HR Manager
Joe Wiley, CCCERA’s Chief Negotiator
Employee Organization: AFSCME, Local 2700
Unrepresented Employees: All CCCERA unrepresented positions
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Board of Administration, California Public Employees’ Retirement System v. Donald R. Rhoads, et al., Office of Administrative Hearings, Case No. 2016-0892
- The Board will go into closed session under Gov. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the Medical Advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Spencer Chun Non-Service Connected Non-Service Connected Richard Perry Service Connected Service Connected Kyle Sevier Service Connected Service Connected Graciela Perez Service Connected Service Connected LeRhonda Birden Service Connected Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) to confer with legal counsel regarding potential litigation (one case).
- Legislative Update
- Update from Chief Investment Officer on implementation of Liquidity sub-portfolio.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board & Staff:
- General Assembly, CALAPRS, March 4-7, 2017, Monterey, CA
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Staff/Board, California Special Districts Association, January 24, 2017, Webinar
- 2017 Investor Conference, Angelo, Gordon & Co, March 15, 2017, New York, NY
- Trustees’ Roundtable, CALAPRS, February 3, 2017, San Jose, CA
- CII Spring 2017 Conference, Council of Institutional Investors, February 27-March 1, 2017, Washington, DC
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1355 Willow Way, Suite 221
Concord, California 94520