Regular Board Meeting
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the January 11, 2017 meeting.
- Routine items for February 8, 2017.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept Asset Allocation Report.
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
(Government Code Section 54957.6)
Agency designated representatives:
Gail Strohl, Chief Executive Officer
Christina Dunn, Admin/HR Manager
Joe Wiley, CCCERA’s Chief Negotiator
Employee Organization: AFSCME, Local 2700
Unrepresented Employees: All CCCERA unrepresented positions
- The Board will go into closed session under Gov. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the Medical Advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Toni Harris Service Connected Service Connected Dean Soltis Service Connected Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) to confer with legal counsel regarding potential litigation (one case).
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- In the Matter of the Estate of Margaret O. Richards, Circuit Court of the State of Oregon, Multnomah County, Case No. 14PB01866.
- Consider and take possible action to adjust the retirement allowance of retired Hazardous Materials Specialists IIs pursuant to Government Code Section 31539 to exclude compensation improperly increased by the members:
- Presentation of report and recommendations; Board questions
- Opportunity for the retired members to present to the Board their positions and any information or records relevant to the issue; Board questions
- Opportunity for the retired members’ former employer, Contra Costa County, to present to the Board its position and any information or records relevant to the issue; Board questions
- Public comment
- Board deliberations and appropriate action
- Consider and take possible action to provide additional clarification and direction pertaining to further review of Mr. Andrews’ pension.
- Consider and take possible action to adopt a cost-of-living increase for retirees as of April 1, 2017.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board and/or staff:
- Public Funds Roundtable, Institutional Investor Public Funds Roundtable, Intuitional Investor, April 26-28, 2017, Los Angeles, CA
- Portfolio Concepts and Management, International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans, May 1-4, 2017, Philadelphia, PA
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1355 Willow Way, Suite 221
Concord, California 94520