Regular Board Meeting
The Board of Retirement meeting will be accessible telephonically at +1 (786) 535-3211, access code 902-784-661 due to the Contra Costa County and State of California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Shelter In Place Orders, and as permitted by Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020.
Persons who wish to make public comment may submit their comment to firstname.lastname@example.org on the day of the meeting, either before or during the meeting. Public comments are limited to any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Retirement. (Gov’t Code Section 54954.3(a).) All comments submitted will be included in the record of the meeting. The comments will be read into the record at the meeting, subject to a three-minute time limit per comment.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Board Reorganization:
- Election of Chair (Smithey, incumbent).
- Election of Vice-Chair (Gordon, incumbent).
- Election of Secretary (MacDonald, incumbent).
- Recognition of Leilani Green for 20 years of service.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the June 10, 2020 meeting.
- Routine items for July 8, 2020.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept asset allocation report.
- Accept liquidity report.
- The Board will go in to closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the medical advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation James Brooks Service Connected Service Connected Kirt DeMichiel Service Connected Service Connected
- Consider and take possible action to authorize the CEO to execute an agreement with Contra Costa County for contribution and reporting deadlines.
- Presentation from staff and Acadian managers regarding a potential commitment to Acadian Multi-Asset Absolute Return Strategy.
- Consider and take possible action regarding a commitment to Acadian Multi-Asset Absolute Return Strategy.
- Review of report on liquidity sub-portfolio.
- Presentation from Sit Investment Associates.
- Consider and take possible action on SACRS voting proxy form.
- Operations update.
- Report out from Audit Committee Chair on June 24, 2020 Audit Committee meeting.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- SACRS Summer Webinar Series, Ethics Training for Trustees and Staff, July 9, 2020, Virtual Program.
- SACRS Summer Webinar Series, Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Local Agency Officials, July 15, 2020, Virtual Program.
- Public Pension Investment Management Program, SACRS, July 28-August 13, 2020, Virtual Program.
- Principles for Trustees, CALAPRS, August 18, 25 & 26, 2020, Virtual Program.
- 2020 Public Pension Funding Forum, NCPERS, August 24-25, 2020, Virtual Program.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520