Regular Board Meeting
The Board of Retirement meeting will be accessible telephonically at +1 (571) 317-3122, access code 494-580-837 due to the Contra Costa County and State of California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Shelter In Place Orders, and as permitted by Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020.
Persons who wish to make public comment may submit their comment to firstname.lastname@example.org on the day of the meeting, either before or during the meeting. Public comments are limited to any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Retirement. (Gov’t Code Section 54954.3(a).) All comments submitted will be included in the record of the meeting. The comments will be read into the record at the meeting, subject to a three-minute time limit per comment.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Recognition of Christina Dunn for 10 years of service and Tim Hoppe for 5 years of service.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the August 12, 2020 meeting.
- Routine items for September 9, 2020.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept asset allocation report.
- Accept liquidity report.
- The Board will go in to closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the medical advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Thomas Ford Service Connected Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- CCCERA, et al. v. Valeant Pharms. Int’l, Inc., et al., United States District Court, New Jersey (3:17-cv-12088)
- Presentation of Semi-Annual Disability Retirement Report.
- Presentation of year to date 2020 CCCERA budget vs. actual expenses report.
- Consider and take possible action to authorize the CEO to extend the Brown Armstrong auditing services contract.
- Report out from Audit Committee Chair on August 26, 2020 Audit Committee meeting.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520