Regular Board Meeting
The Board of Retirement meeting will be accessible telephonically at +1 (224) 501-3412, access code 164-391-813 due to the Contra Costa County and State of California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Shelter In Place Orders, and as permitted by Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020.
Persons who wish to make public comment may submit their comment to email@example.com on the day of the meeting, either before or during the meeting. Public comments are limited to any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Retirement. (Gov’t Code Section 54954.3(a).) All comments submitted will be included in the record of the meeting. The comments will be read into the record at the meeting, subject to a three-minute time limit per comment.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Recognition of Eleonor Dela Cruz for 5 years of service.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the November 4, 2020 meeting.
- Routine items for December 9, 2020.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept asset allocation report.
- Accept liquidity report.
- The Board will go in to closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the medical advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation David Adams Service Connected Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider the Hearing Officer’s recommendation regarding the disability application for Tamera Bulcao.
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider the Hearing Officer’s recommendation regarding the disability application for Aery Upton.
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. MSN12-1870
- Wilmot v. CCCERA, et al., Court of Appeal, First Appellate District, Division Two, Case No. A152100
- Nowicki v. CCCERA, et al., Court of Appeal, First Appellate District, Division Two, Case No. A160337
- Consider and take possible action to adopt asset allocation targets.
- Consider and take possible action to adopt the CCCERA Strategic Plan for 2021-2023.
- Legislative update.
- Presentation of 2021 Compliance Activity Plan.
- Report out from Audit Committee Chair on November 18, 2020 Audit Committee meeting.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520