Regular Board Meeting
The Board of Retirement will hold its meeting via teleconferencing as permitted by Executive Order N-29-20. The meeting is accessible telephonically at 669-900-6833, Webinar ID: 910 1425 2227, Passcode: 799330, or via the web at: https://zoom.us/j/91014252227?pwd=YUUrdyt0S3JVcG05czEwVnNlaXhSUT09 Passcode: 799330
Persons may request to make public comment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org the day before the Board meeting or the day of the Board meeting either before or during the meeting. Public comments are limited to any item that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Retirement. Both written and oral comments will be accepted, subject to a three-minute time limit per speaker. Written comments will be read into the record at the meeting. All comments submitted will be included in the record of the meeting.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Board Reorganization:
- Election of Chair (Gordon, incumbent).
- Election of Vice-Chair (MacDonald, incumbent).
- Election of Secretary (Holcombe, incumbent).
- Appoint audit committee members.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the June 9, 2021 meeting.
- Routine items for July 14, 2021.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept asset allocation report.
- Accept liquidity report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. MSN12-1870
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. C15-00598
- Public Employees Union Local No. 1, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. N14-2021
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the medical advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
|a. Frederick Quichocho||Service Connected||Service Connected|
|b. Terry Turner||Service Connected||Service Connected|
|c. Kim Willey||Service Connected||Service Connected|
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider the Hearing Officer’s recommendation regarding the disability application for Todd Chamberlin.
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to evaluate the performance of the following public employee:
Title: Chief Executive Officer
- Presentation from Segal regarding member contributions paid towards terminal pay or leave cash outs.
- Consider and take possible action to adopt Resolution 2021-5 authorizing actions in compliance with Assembly Bill 197 and the Alameda decision.
- Consider and take possible action on employer contribution rates effective July 1, 2021 for Central Contra Costa Sanitary District.
- Consider and take possible action to adjust benefits and contributions resulting from additional compensation pursuant to unfair labor practice case no. SF-CD-693-M.
- Consider and take possible action to amend the Retirement Board’s Regulations.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- SACRS Board of Directors and Program Committee Meetings, August 30-31, 2021, San Diego, CA.
- Financial, Actuarial, Legislative & Legal (FALL) Conference, NCPERS, September 26-28, 2021, Scottsdale, AZ.
- Principles of Pension Governance for Trustees, CALAPRS, September 28-30, 2021, Virtual.
- 2021 Public Funds Forum, Value Edge Advisors, LLC, October 26-28, 2021, San Diego, CA. (Note: Conflict with Meeting)
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520