Regular Board Meeting
The Board of Retirement will hold its meeting via teleconferencing as permitted by Executive Order N-29-20. The meeting is accessible telephonically at 669-900-6833, Webinar ID: 815 8550 9705, Passcode: 041848, or via the web at: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81585509705?pwd=QUJoQ3BHK0s0T1lXempXd09ScVRqQT09
Persons may request to make public comment by emailing email@example.com the day before the Board meeting or the day of the Board meeting either before or during the meeting. Public comments are limited to any item that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Retirement. Both written and oral comments will be accepted, subject to a three-minute time limit per speaker. Written comments will be read into the record at the meeting. All comments submitted will be included in the record of the meeting.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Recognition of Kelli Ingersoll for 30 years of service; Francisca Citero for 25 years of service; Kristina Dohrn for 5 years of service; and Dorothy Saechao for 5 years of service.
- Approve minutes from the August 11, 2021 meeting.
- Routine items for September 8, 2021.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept asset allocation report.
- Accept liquidity report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the medical advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation a. Kristy Trindade Service Connected
b. Minh Vu Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider the Hearing Officer’s recommendation regarding the disability application for Neal Bassett.
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. MSN12-1870
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. C15-00598
- Public Employees Union Local No. 1, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. N14-2021
- Consider and take possible action to adopt Resolution 2021-5 authorizing actions in compliance with Assembly Bill 197 and the Alameda decision.
- Presentation of Semi-Annual Disability Retirement Report.
- Consider and take possible action to amend the IRC 415 Tax Compliance Policy.
- Review of the Accessibility of Investment Records Policy.
- Consider and take possible action on SACRS voting proxy form.
- Report from Audit Committee Chair on August 25, 2021 Audit Committee meeting.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- CALAPRS Trustees Roundtable, October 29, 2021, Virtual.
- CRCEA Fall Conference, November 7-10, 2021, Long Beach, CA.
- SACRS Fall Conference, November 9-12, 2021, Hollywood, CA.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520