Regular Board Meeting
The Board of Retirement will hold its meeting via teleconferencing as permitted by Government Code Section 54953(e). The meeting is accessible telephonically at 669-900-6833, Webinar ID: 816 3480 6212, Passcode: 574719, or via the web at: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81634806212?pwd=d2JHYU5Lb1pwQ200ZVNkNmdMczFGQT09
Persons who wish to address the Board of Retirement during public comment may call in during the meeting by dialing the phone number and passcode above. Access via Zoom is also available at the weblink above. To indicate you wish to speak during public comment, please select *9 on your phone or “raise your hand” in the Zoom app.
Public comments are limited to any item that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Retirement. Comments will be received in real time via telephone or Zoom, subject to a three-minute time limit per speaker.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the November 3, 2021 meeting.
- Approve the following routine items:
- Certifications of membership.
- Service and disability allowances.
- Death benefits.
- Investment liquidity report.
- Accept the following routine items:
- Disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Investment asset allocation report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the medical advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Oscar Aranda Service Connected Service Connected Jason Hoschouer Service Connected Service Connected Melissa O’Reilley Service Connected Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider the Hearing Officer’s recommendation regarding the disability application for Da’Kiesha Malone.
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) to confer with legal counsel regarding potential litigation (one case).
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Nowicki v. CCCERA, et al., Court of Appeal, First Appellate District, Division Two, Case No. A160337
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. MSN12-1870
- Information session on retirement process.
- Legislative update.
- Consider and take possible action to issue RFI for integrated investment portfolio analytics and risk management solution.
- Notice of planned termination of Parametric Volatility Risk Premium strategy.
- Presentation of the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District employer audit report.
- Presentation of 2022 Compliance Activity Plan.
- Report out from Audit Committee Chair on November 17, 2021 Audit Committee meeting.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- SACRS Board of Directors Meeting, December 14, 2021, Rancho Mirage, CA.
- 40th Annual Sit Investment Associates Client Workshop, February 17-20, 2022, Scottsdale, AZ.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520