Regular Board Meeting
The Board of Retirement will hold its meeting via teleconferencing as permitted by Government Code Section 54953(e). The meeting is accessible telephonically at 669-900-6833, Webinar ID: 836 2138 5871, Passcode: 426412, or via the web at: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83621385871?pwd=RnppRnQ0bXE3c3pPVk83MGVKL1NzZz09
Persons who wish to address the Board of Retirement during public comment may call in during the meeting by dialing the phone number and passcode above. Access via Zoom is also available at the weblink above. To indicate you wish to speak during public comment, please select *9 on your phone or “raise your hand” in the Zoom app.
Public comments are limited to any item that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Retirement. Comments will be received in real time via telephone or Zoom, subject to a three-minute time limit per speaker.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Recognition of Luz Casas for 25 years of service.
- Approve minutes from the November 17, 2021 and December 8, 2021 meetings.
- Approve the following routine items:
- Certifications of membership.
- Service and disability allowances.
- Death benefits.
- Investment liquidity report.
- Accept the following routine items:
- Disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Investment asset allocation report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider the Hearing Officer’s recommendation regarding the disability application for Neal Bassett.
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to evaluate the performance of the following public employee:
Title: Chief Executive Officer
- Educational presentation on fiduciary duties presented by fiduciary counsel.
- Educational presentation on Ralph M. Brown Act open meetings laws.
- Legislative update.
- Consider and take possible action to authorize the Board to conduct teleconference meetings under Government Code section 54953 (e) and to make related findings.
- Presentation of the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District employer audit report.
- Presentation of 2022 Compliance Activity Plan.
- Report out from Audit Committee Chair on November 17, 2021 Audit Committee meeting.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- Aether Annual Meeting, January 27, 2022, Virtual.
- IFEBP Advanced Trustees and Administrators’ Institute, February 21-23, 2022, Orlando, FL. (Note: Conflict with Meeting)
- NASRA Winter Meeting, February 26-28, 2022, Washington, DC.
- CALAPRS General Assembly, March 5-8, 2022, San Diego, CA.
- NASP Day of Education in Private Equity for Trustees and Staff, March 23-24, 2022, TBD. (Note: Conflict with Meeting)
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520