Regular Board Meeting
The Board of Retirement will hold its meeting via teleconferencing as permitted by Government Code Section 54953(e). The meeting is accessible telephonically at 669-900-6833, Webinar ID: 847 4523 2628, Passcode: 218632, or via the web at: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84745232628?pwd=Uk94bE9MRDZBc2IrWlRtWmY5TGw3dz09
Persons who wish to address the Board of Retirement during public comment may call in during the meeting by dialing the phone number and passcode above. Access via Zoom is also available at the weblink above. To indicate you wish to speak during public comment, please select *9 on your phone or “raise your hand” in the Zoom app.
Public comments are limited to any item that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Retirement. Comments will be received in real time via telephone or Zoom, subject to a three-minute time limit per speaker.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the March 9, 2022 meeting.
- Approve the following routine items:
- Certifications of membership.
- Service and disability allowances.
- Death benefits.
- Investment liquidity report.
- Accept the following routine items:
- Disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Investment asset allocation report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the medical advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation William Fiore Service Connected Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Nowicki v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. C17-01266
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) to confer with legal counsel regarding potential litigation (one case).
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to evaluate the performance of the following public employee:
Title: Chief Executive Officer
- Appointment of ad hoc advisory committee to review the Chief Executive Officer compensation package.
- Presentation from PARS (Public Agency Retirement Services) regarding the I.R.C. Section 115 Trust for Other Post-Employment Benefits for CCCERA Employees.
- Presentation from Segal Consulting: Review of Actuarial Assumptions.
- Consider and take possible action to adopt the actuarial assumptions to be utilized in the December 31, 2021 actuarial valuation report.
- Consider and take possible action to cause an election to be held to fill the vacancy in the alternate seventh safety member seat.
- Consider and take possible action to authorize the Board to conduct teleconference meetings under Government Code section 54953 (e) and to make related findings.
- Consider and take possible action on SACRS voting proxy form.
- Consider and take possible action on SACRS Board of Directors Election.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- 2022 US Investor Conference, Adams Street, June 7, 2022, Chicago, IL.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520