Regular Board Meeting
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the November 8 and November 21, 2017 meetings.
- Routine items for January 10, 2018.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept Asset Allocation Report.
- Accept Liquidity Report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the Medical Advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Dan Colbath Service Connected Service Connected James Colon Service Connected Service Connected Melissa Cote Service Connected Service Connected Maurice Howell Service Connected Service Connected Darin Peterson Service Connected Service Connected Bernell Snell Non-Service Connected Non-Service Connected Nubia Zamora Service Connected Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Court of Appeal, 1st Appellate District, Case No. A141913
- Marianne Irvin v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. CIV MSN15-1024
- CCCERA v. Theodore Fleming, Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. CIV MSC16-01143
- Peter J. Nowicki v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. C17-01266
- Consider and take possible action to authorize the CEO to execute a contract with Brown Armstrong for auditing services.
- Consider and take possible action to amend the Audit Committee Charter as recommended by the Audit Committee.
- Consider and take possible action to issue a Request for Proposal for Disability Retirement Legal Services.
- Presentation of the CCCERA 2018 Compliance Activity Plan.
- Presentation of Contra Costa County Health Services Department Final Audit Report.
- Presentation of East Contra Costa County Fire Protection District Final Audit Report.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- 2018 NCPERS Legislative Conference, January 28-30, 2018, Washington, DC.
- CALAPRS General Assembly, March 3-6, 2018, Indian Wells, CA
- FORUM 2018: Building Resilient Portfolios When Missions Matter, Commonfund, March 11-13, 2018, Orlando, FL.
- Oaktree Conference, March 14-15, 2018, Beverly Hills, CA
(Note: Conflict with meeting)
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1355 Willow Way, Suite 221
Concord, California 94520