Regular Board Meeting
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the May 9, 2018 meeting.
- Routine items for June 13, 2018.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept Asset Allocation Report.
- Accept Liquidity Report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the Medical Advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Mark Butti Service Connected Service Connected Idrissa Lattier Non-Service Connected Non-Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Supreme Court of the State of California, Case No. S247095
- Peter J. Nowicki v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. C17-01266
- Odette Batis v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. N18-0553
- CCCERA v. Theodore Fleming, Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No. CIV MSC16-01143
- CCCERA, et al. v. Valeant Pharms. Int’l, Inc., et al., United States District Court, New Jersey (3:17-cv-12088)
- Consider and take possible action to authorize the CEO to terminate a contract with Jackson Walker, LLP for Investment Legal Counsel.
- Legislative update.
- Presentation on customer service standards.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- 2018 Annual Limited Partners Meeting, DLJ Real Estate Capital Partners, July 17, 2018, Los Angeles, CA.
- 2018 Public Pension Funding Forum, National Conference on Public Employee Retirement Systems, September 16-18, 2018, Boston, MA.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1355 Willow Way, Suite 221
Concord, California 94520