Regular Board Meeting
NOTICE OF TELECONFERENCE MEETING
ONE OR MORE MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF RETIREMENT FOR THE CONTRA COSTA COUNTY EMPLOYEES’ RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE BOARD MEETING, SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 8, 2017, VIA TELECONFERENCE AT THE LOCATION LISTED BELOW, WHICH IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
THE LODGE AT TORREY PINES
11480 N. TORREY PINES ROAD
LA JOLLA, CA 92037
THE LOCATION LISTED ABOVE IS ACCESSIBLE TO THE PUBLIC, INCLUDING THOSE WITH DISABILITIES.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the September 27, 2017 meeting.
- Routine items for November 8, 2017.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept Asset Allocation Report.
- Accept Liquidity Report.
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the Medical Advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Ryan Fenyes Service Connected Non-Service Connected Kristen Patterson Service Connected Non-Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
Peter J. Nowicki v. CCCERA, et al., Contra Costa County Superior Court, Case No.: C17-01266
- Consider and take possible action to determine whether the Health Insurance Opt-Out Pay Differential received by James Colon is a compensation enhancement and should be excluded from his final average salary, as authorized under Government Code Sections 31461(b)(1) and 31539:
- Presentation by CCCERA staff of process and relevant information.
- Opportunity for the member, James Colon, to present relevant information to the Board.
- Opportunity for the member’s former employer, San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District, to present relevant information to the Board.
- Public comment
- Board deliberations and appropriate action
- Educational presentation on Ralph M. Brown Act open meetings laws.
- Educational session on fiduciary duties presented by fiduciary counsel.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- Advanced Principles of Pension Management for Trustees, CALAPRS, March 28-30, 2018, Los Angeles, CA.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1355 Willow Way, Suite 221
Concord, California 94520