Regular Board Meeting
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Board Reorganization:
- Election of Chair (Phillips, incumbent).
- Election of Vice-Chair (Smithey, incumbent).
- Election of Secretary (Gordon, incumbent).
- Routine items for July 12, 2017.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept Asset Allocation Report
- The Board will go into closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
Peter J. Nowicki v. CCCERA, et al., U.S. District Court, N.D. Cal., Case No.: 17 cv-00629
Marianne Irvin v. CCCERA, et al., Court of Appeal, Case No.: A149642
- Consider and take possible action to adopt Board of Retirement Resolution 2017-5 to initiate referendum procedures in accordance with the requirement of Section 218(d) of the Social Security Act.
- Consider and take possible action to adopt Board of Retirement Resolution 2017-6, Investment Asset Allocation Targets and Ranges.
- Presentation of Annual Funding Plan.
- Presentation of liquidity report for May 2017.
- Consider and take possible action to cancel the July 26, 2017 meeting.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board and/or staff:
- 2017 Public Funds Forum, Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, September 5-7, 2017, San Diego, CA.
- 2017 Public Pension Funding Forum, NCPERS, September 10-12, 2017, San Francisco, CA.
- Refresher Workshop in Core Investment Concepts, IFEBP, September 24, 2017, Philadelphia, PA.
- Advanced Investment Management, IFEBP, September 25-28, 2017, Philadelphia, PA. (note: Conflict with meeting).
- 2017 Public Safety Employees Pension & Benefits Conference, NCPERS, October 1-4, 2017, San Antonio, TX.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1355 Willow Way, Suite 221
Concord, California 94520