Another Way to Pay: 457 Trustee to Trustee Transfers (Direct Rollover)


Tax deferred 457 retirement plan contributions can be used to purchase eligible service credit, or convert eligible service credit to a different retirement tier. The process is very specific.

Rules must be followed accurately to insure compliance and protect your tax deferred status. Members who have funds in an employer sponsored Deferred Compensation 457 account may want to consider this option.

Individual retirement plans may have different regulations, and may or may not accept, or provide for all qualified plan transfers.

For more information on this option, please call CCCERA and speak with a counselor. Request the pamphlet, Service Credit Purchases, which is also available on this website.