Regular Board Meeting
The Board of Retirement meeting will be accessible telephonically at +1 (872) 240-3212, access code 669-344-525 due to the Contra Costa County and State of California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Shelter In Place Orders, and as permitted by Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020.
Persons who wish to make public comment may submit their comment to firstname.lastname@example.org on the day of the meeting, either before or during the meeting. Public comments are limited to any item of interest to the public that is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board of Retirement. (Gov’t Code Section 54954.3(a).) All comments submitted will be included in the record of the meeting. The comments will be read into the record at the meeting, subject to a three-minute time limit per comment.
The Retirement Board May Discuss And Take Action On The Following:
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Recognition of Justine Rossini for 10 years of service.
- Accept comments from the public.
- Approve minutes from the July 8, 2020 meeting.
- Routine items for August 12, 2020.
- Approve certifications of membership.
- Approve service and disability allowances.
- Accept disability applications and authorize subpoenas as required.
- Approve death benefits.
- Accept travel report.
- Accept asset allocation report.
- Accept liquidity report.
- The Board will go in to closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54957 to consider recommendations from the medical advisor and/or staff regarding the following disability retirement applications:
Member Type Sought Recommendation Fermin Rubio Service Connected Service Connected
- The Board will continue in closed session pursuant to Govt. Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) to confer with legal counsel regarding pending litigation:
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriffs Association, et al., v. Board of Retirement of CCCERA, et al., Supreme Court of the State of California, Case No. S247095
- Consider and take possible action regarding East Contra Costa Fire Protection District’s request to depool cost group #8.
- Presentation from Segal
- Comments from East Contra Costa Fire Protection District
- Comments from Contra Costa County Fire Protection District
- Board consideration and possible action regarding the East Contra Costa Fire Protection District’s request to depool cost group #8.
- Consider and take possible action to authorize the CEO to renew a maintenance and support agreement with CPAS.
- Consider authorizing the attendance of Board:
- CALAPRS Trustees Round Table, October 23, 2020, Virtual.
- Staff Report
- Outside Professionals’ Report
- Trustees’ comments
1200 Concord Avenue, Suite 350
Concord, California 94520